The nursery incorporates the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework to support and develop children’s play and learning. The EYFS covers birth to five years and are divided up through the following:
- A Unique Child – every child is a competent learner from birth
- Positive Relationships – children can learn to be strong and independent
- Enabling Environments – the environment plays a key role in supporting and extending children’s learning and development
- Learning And Development – children develop in different ways and at different times and all areas of learning and development are important
The curriculum is all the planned and unplanned activities that are organised within the Nursery and are based heavily on a child’s personal, social and emotional development which underpins all curriculum areas, plus there holistic development and attitude towards coming to the Nursery.
The EYFS framework is reflected in our practice within an environment which is respectful, kind and considerate to all those who attend. Our objective is to celebrate the age of the children as they are, and not purely see the early years as a pre-runner for something bigger and more exciting. We embrace the curriculum and lay the foundations for the promotion of kind and considerate individuals.
Aims and Objectives:
The aim of our Nursery curriculum is:
- To enable all children to learn and develop their skills to the best of their ability.
- To promote a positive attitude towards learning.
- To promote self discovery, exploration and curiosity towards learning.
- To promote an ethos of mutual respect and kindness, and a sense of what is and what is not, an acceptable code of behaviour.
- To help children understand the importance of truth and fairness, so that they begin to learn the importance of equal opportunities.
- To endorse and support children’s high self esteems so they have the confidence to ‘try’.
My Favourite Nursery advocates the importance of the process of learning, and not necessarily the end product.